Thursday, October 15, 2009

A point of View on the Whole "Holidays" Issue




(don't leave without looking at important scrips at bottom to back up my comments!!)

An awful lot of brothers and sisters are kind of bent out of shape on the whole Holiday Seasons issues (Halloween, Christmas and Easter). And if you choose not to celebrate them- HEY, that's cool. But let me give you a couple of good reasons why you shouldn't judge those that do:

The old Christians and Catholics did a lot of wicked, wicked things in the name of God, but trying to redirect pagan people's attention from their wicked festivals simply was not one of them. Are we not always striving to redirect people's attentions away from the world and back on God? Now I'm not sure who started their holidays first on any of these three holidays - Christians or Pagans, but who cares. What I do know, is that it is good that we have the Truth on our side. the pagans celebrate false gods or Lucifer himself while we celebrate the one and only Living God and His Son, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. When the pagan holidays come around, spread the news that there is a better day, a better way, and a better REASON to celebrate. What? Would you have us give up our holidays of celebration and let the pagans keep theirs (be careful what you ask for- that time is drawing close)? That certainly is bad discipleship my friends! Was it not Paul who stated "I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might win some" (1st Corinth 9:22)"? Use the tools God has given us to bring lost souls home. Celebrating the holidays isn't the source of sin. WHY AND HOW YOU CELEBRATE THOSE HOLIDAYS "IS"!!

This is a spiritual war... GOOD VS EVIL. Why be so surprised that there is always a Pagan celebration around the same time there is a Christian celebration? Do you really think that's an accident? Don't forget who's truly in control and enjoy the holidays for all the RIGHT reasons. Who cares who started these holidays! Just be happy that there "IS" a "RIGHT" reason to celebrate and give others a better reason to celebrate their holidays!


Jesus is the REASON FOR EVERY SEASON!

Please see my other blog items for full studies on this particular holiday coming up. Many Christians are truly celebrating THIS particular holiday completely out of God's will! Let's not spit in Christ's face for our worldly pleasures brothers and sisters... please!

Important scrips on this subject:
(CEV: please feel free to look these up in your favorite version; I use CEV because it's easier to understand for the average person ;)=))

Colos. 2:16 Don't let anyone tell you what you must eat or drink. Don't let them say that you must celebrate the New Moon festival, the Sabbath, or any other festival.
Col 2:17 These things are only a shadow of what was to come. But Christ is real!
Col 2:18 Don't be cheated by people who make a show of acting humble and who worship angels. They brag about seeing visions. But it is all nonsense, because their minds are filled with selfish desires.

1Corinth. 9:19 I am not anyone's slave. But I have become a slave to everyone, so that I can win as many people as possible.
1Co 9:20 When I am with the Jews, I live like a Jew to win Jews. They are ruled by the Law of Moses, and I am not. But I live by the Law to win them.
1Co 9:21 And when I am with people who are not ruled by the Law, I forget about the Law to win them. Of course, I never really forget about the law of God. In fact, I am ruled by the law of Christ.
1Co 9:22 When I am with people whose faith is weak, I live as they do to win them. I do everything I can to win everyone I possibly can.
1Co 9:23 I do all this for the good news, because I want to share in its blessings.


1Corinth. 5:9 In my other letter I told you not to have anything to do with immoral people.
1Co 5:10 But I wasn't talking about the people of this world. You would have to leave this world to get away from everyone who is immoral or greedy or who cheats or worships idols.
1Co 5:11 I was talking about your own people who are immoral or greedy or worship idols or curse others or get drunk or cheat. Don't even eat with them!
1Co 5:12 Why should I judge outsiders? Aren't we supposed to judge only church members?
1Co 5:13 God judges everyone else. The Scriptures say, "Chase away any of your own people who are evil."

Mat 7:1 Don't condemn others, and God won't condemn you.
Mat 7:2 God will be as hard on you as you are on others! He will treat you exactly as you treat them.
Mat 7:3 You can see the speck in your friend's eye, but you don't notice the log in your own eye.
Mat 7:4 How can you say, "My friend, let me take the speck out of your eye," when you don't see the log in your own eye?
Mat 7:5 You're nothing but show-offs! First, take the log out of your own eye. Then you can see how to take the speck out of your friend's eye.
Mat 7:6 Don't give to dogs what belongs to God. They will only turn and attack you. Don't throw pearls down in front of pigs. They will trample all over them.

Isaiah 55:6 Turn to the LORD! He can still be found. Call out to God! He is near.
Isa 55:7 Give up your crooked ways and your evil thoughts. Return to the LORD our God. He will be merciful and forgive your sins.
Isa 55:8 The LORD says: "My thoughts and my ways are not like yours.
Isa 55:9 Just as the heavens are higher than the earth, my thoughts and my ways are higher than yours.

1Corinth. 7:29 My friends, what I mean is that the Lord will soon come, and it won't matter if you are married or not.
1Co 7:30 It will be all the same if you are crying or laughing, or if you are buying or are completely broke.
1Co 7:31 It won't make any difference how much good you are getting from this world or how much you like it. This world as we know it is now passing away.
1Co 7:32 I want all of you to be free from worry.

Romans 15:1 If our faith is strong, we should be patient with the Lord's followers whose faith is weak. We should try to please them instead of ourselves.
Rom 15:2 We should think of their good and try to help them by doing what pleases them.
Rom 15:3 Even Christ did not try to please himself. But as the Scriptures say, "The people who insulted you also insulted me."
Rom 15:4 And the Scriptures were written to teach and encourage us by giving us hope.
Rom 15:5 God is the one who makes us patient and cheerful. I pray that he will help you live at peace with each other, as you follow Christ.
Rom 15:6 Then all of you together will praise God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Rom 15:7 Honor God by accepting each other, as Christ has accepted you.

2 comments:

  1. Dont feel like I am attacking you bro, I severely question this celebration. Hallowmas was announced to the Christian ppl to move away from paganic ritual....and in rome do as the romans do?? no thanks, hallowmas has always been a paganic rite.....witchcraft is much older than the the Bible.
    I was well studied in the occult and still am, the Roman Church has done a few questionable things as you would well be aware of, this my friend is another one in my view that they could have just left alone and not gotten quite so involved in.
    Pray and ask the Holy Spirit and utter hallowmas and feel it in your Spirit bro....if you all cool with that...then thats fine. I just wanted you to learn what I had learnt in the past.
    ...Bless ya man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fair enough my beloved friend. But God is older than witchcraft and the scriptures and the Spirit of Truth are always where I go to make my faithwalk decisions, and they always lead me in the right direction brother. The scriptures I gave in my blog are sound and fully back up my thoughts regaurding these "human" celebrations. Paganism is not only NOT going away, it's growing and becoming the forefront accepted religion of choice due to its believed freedoms. People are being deceived in droves- should we NOT get involved? It's up to us to crash the party and show a better way. If God had not infiltrated my carefully knit-together quilt of self-destruction with people and situations I felt "comfortable with" we wouldn't even be having this conversation. So you're not comfortable discipling in this area... no problem bro. This must be why God has touched my heart to speak up here, because I'm not uncomfortable here at all. I've done the research, I've got the scriptures... I'm armed, ready and speaking out. Let's meet them where they are and bring them the good news!

    ReplyDelete